Rules and Guidelines
- The competition is open to all individuals who have intense interest in interior designing or interior architecture in Bangladesh. The individuals should have the technical know-how not only to complete the design but also to implement and materialize the idea. They can take assistance from a consultant to realize his/her dream
Note: No one from the staff of Home Fest Dhaka, neither their immediate families nor any direct stakeholder involved in this competition can participate. If they do submit any design, that entry will be discarded at preliminary level.
- The designers can choose any one or multiple spaces from the below 6 specifications of a 2,000 sqft (approximate) sized apartment and within given budget:
|Code Name||Category||Specification||Budget (BDT)||Setup Cost Allocation|
|D01||Living Room||10ft X 14ft||220,000||50,000|
|D02||Dining Room||12ft X 18ft||250,000||40,000|
|D03||Master Bed||12ft X 16ft||340,000||50,000|
|D04||Kids Bed||12ft X 14ft||220,000||35,000|
|D05||Kitchen||10ft X 10ft||525,000||30,000|
|D06||Bathroom||10ft X 8ft||170,000||30,000|
*the budget will include product price and designing charge
- Every individual can submit MULTIPLE ENTRY through an one time entrance fee of BDT 1,000.
- The designers needs to use/consider the following 5 brands while preparing their designs:
- Paint Solution: Berger
- Lighting Solution: SSG
- Wood Materials: Amber Boards
- Furniture & Kitchenware: Hatil
- Tiles: Akij Ceramics
- Kitchen Utensils: Tupperware
- Kitchenware Solution: Nolte Kitchen
- For this reason, participants need to know the product details of the specific brands. They can do that by visiting the outlets with the assistance of the service staff. The brands will be communicated regarding these types of visit during the application period.
- Participants have to use products form all the brands in their design, within the specified budget. But no actual purchase is necessary.
- The winner will be chosen after a thorough review by a panel of expert jury.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and e-mail as well as through mass media announcement.
Participants have to follow this following procedure for each submission. If anyone participates in more than one category, they have to submit each of the entries separately, following this guideline.
- Participating individual(s) has to fill up a prescribed form available in the download center. You have to include the filled-up form in the DVD as well as a hard copy with your design’s hard copy.
You can also find the submission form here.
- Participants will prepare a summary of their designs where they have to mention the products they have used for their design.
- Design should be prepared in 3DMax You should also provide image of your designed room from at least 4 different angles. The images should be in JPEG or JPG format.
- Softcopy of the design(s) needs to be submitted in DVD and Hardcopy in A3 paper
- The files in the DVD should be in a folder with your firm’s name and category code.
For example if your name is XYZ Rahman and you are submitting for ‘Living’ category, your folder’s name should be: XyzRahman_D01
- Participants will have to pay BDT 1,000 once in cash and receive a cash voucher from the program secretariat.
- There is no online submission for this competition. You have to deliver the DVD, the hard copy of your submission and entry fee to this following address before submission deadline:
Windmill Advertising Limited
5th Floor, Cha-73/2, North Badda
Phone: 01708 888 881, email: email@example.com
Contact Person: Shajida Akther
Home Fest Dhaka
The winning design projects will be selected by a jury of design professionals. Entries will be judged on the basis of excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity and function of the components used.
The judging will be based on the following 4 criteria-
- Use of space
- Use of brands
- Use of budget
- Overall look and feel